Sleeping can actually make you healthier. A deep sleep can refresh you and recharge you with energy for the whole day. Sleep nourishes the body cells, relaxes the muscles and rests the brain. It is not known why we sleep but 7-9 hours of sleep is vital for the normal functioning of the body.
Benefits of sleep
• The ability to focus and concentrate is strengthened after the body and mind is rested during sleep.
• The brain continues to work in sleep by organizing and consolidating the various sensory impressions received during the day in the form of memory.
• During the day, the skin gets exposed to harmful ultraviolet radiation. But during the night, the skin cells get time to renew themselves. Even the brain repairs damaged nerve cells during sleep.
• Children grow faster because they sleep longer. It has been discovered that growth hormones are activated during sleep.
• If you sleep less, you will feel more tired. As a result you consume more carbohydrates to gain energy but that leads to an increase in weight and finally obesity. Sleeping prevents weight problems by controlling hormones causing increase in appetite.
Hallucinations and other mental experiences are a result of long periods of sleep deprivation. Lack of sleep directly leads to high blood pressure and high cholesterol levels which are the factors for heart attacks. Other diseases like diabetes and some forms of cancer are related to irregular sleep patterns.
Insomnia is a condition when the person cannot fall asleep or falls asleep for short durations and often wakes up drained of energy. Insomnia causes extreme changes in mood and prevents the person from delivering his best at work or relationships.
Suggestions on sleeping correctly
• Sleeping before ten can activate all the beneficial hormones
• Waking up daily at the same hour keeps the body’s biological rhythm intact
• People who engage in some physical activity, even mild exercise like walking, tend to get a good sleep compared to those who are not tired enough to sleep.
• Complete your dinner at least two hours before sleeping as by that time, digestion would be over and the body can perform its restorative actions during sleep.
• Simple things like soft cotton clothes and a noise free room can help to increase the quality of sleep.
• Avoid doing any stress-causing activities just before you sleep as that will keep the brain occupied and prevent sleep.
• Caffeine increases alertness and prevents deep sleep so avoid coffee during night hours.
• Induce sleep by doing some relaxation exercises like calm breathing.
People who sleep well can work better, relate better, decide better and recover from injury and illness better.
Angela Giles is the published Author of the Inside Scoop Review and believes that health is the key to maximizing your wealth. More Info on Usana
Angela Giles is an empowered entrepreneur, internet marketer, internet marketing and personal development coach. She believes in the power of health to create wealth.
More Info on Usana