Attraction Marketing is a set of marketing tools and techniques for generating leads. It is also considered to be an effective approach for converting leads to clients. However, its main emphasis, as the name suggests, is on attracting new leads.
Advertising in Newspapers, Radio or Television is not affordable for home based businesses. The traditional approach of fishing for prospects involves making phone calls, giving classified ads, holding free seminars and trying to rope in people in your social network. Probability of success through these methods is quite low because you tend to spend your time and energy in talking to people who are basically not interested in your products.
Most people are turned off by sales speeches. They will look around, get attracted to objects of interest, gather information and eventually make the purchase. So the psychological learning from this observation is that – it is important to get your products to attract people rather than talking to them endlessly about how nice your products are. This is the principle of Attraction Marketing, whose main tenets are:
- Knowledge of the prospect – A lot of energy is wasted by marketers trying to explain the benefits of their television set only to discover that their potential prospect is blind! Identify your prospect – age group, likes, dislikes, personality traits, buying behavior, and so on.
- Image of the Marketer – Being perceived as a specialist in your field is highly profitable to your business. When in doubt, people refer a specialist and this is the most important thing that will attract leads to you.
- The importance of location – You and your products must come within the circle of consciousness of your prospects in order to be noticed. Only then there is a chance that the prospect is attracted to what you are offering. Otherwise your efforts are a waste.
- Prospect’s approval: Most people are lost in their own thoughts and are not actively listening. Therefore, it is important to get their approval before you talk about your offers. This ensures that you talk to only those who are interested in your products or services.
- Lure the prospect – Who would not want to try out a weight reducing pill if it is offered for trial? Most people will take the bait. Offers like limited-period cash-back product trials and lucky gifts can be used extensively to attract the prospect to your products.
- Make regular contact – Once the prospect has given his permission, you can keep in touch by sending out communication through email, postal mail, instant messaging or SMS, reminding him about your products in subtle ways. Using this method, the chances of converting him into a customer increase dramatically.
So let go of the old techniques and jump on the bandwagon of Attraction Marketing. You will never have to foot telephone bills for making cold calls, or to talk to bored neighbors. Implement the tactics of Attraction Marketing and wait for the leads to contact you.